Transparent like it's not there! This 100% silk fabric is true "Illusion". Used for bridal veils, of course:"The bride wore a veil of Illusion", and also for swirly dancing veils. Almost completely transparent fabric, becomes a little more visible and crinkly when washed.
- Fibre content: 100% reeled natural silk
- Source: China
- Width: 45"
- Weight per linear yard: less than 1/2 oz
- Commonly used for: veils, dress or skirt overlays, scarves
- Weft (width) shrinkage: will crinkle up, but stretches back, and can be ironed smooth.
- Warp (length) shrinkage: 10% (3 yards shrinks to 2 & 1/2 yds)
- Recommended Care: Dry clean or hand wash is recommended; machine wash is acceptable care using gentle cycle, mild soap and warm water. Tumble dry on low heat, or iron dry from a barely damp state, for greatest smoothness. Never use bleach on silk.